Friday, March 2, 2018

Week of 2/28

The cabin team came together to discuss our new 3D printing source. over the last week We contacted Yousseffi again to see if he was willing to make time for us but he still has not gotten back to us. Darren plans on visiting him on office hours and see if he can be one of our backup sources. As another option for our new 3D printing source, we have approached the campus' Central Machine Shop who agreed to print our model. At the moment this may be our number one source for convenient printing. Right now they are awaiting Furman's approval before they begin printing and we are still waiting on a possible delivery date.

Week of 2/21

This week, teams presented their first official presentations of the semester. Ours can be found in the below link. To summarize our progress so far, our 3D printing source was unable to finish our print before their machine ran into technical issues. Therefore we had to find a new source to print our model. This makes us about 2 weeks behind and is preventing us from making further modifications to accommodate for the controls and bogey team if our current model is insufficient in any capacity. Fortunately we still have enough time to make one more version before Maker Faire as intended. Right now the priority is to find another printing source that can be reliable right now and down the road.


https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1guTPmBqMLvPL30xQpiMvD5ka80hHPlwlvpc35xBgSZ4/edit#slide=id.g3208203d60_0_237

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Weeks of 2/7 + 2/14

These two weeks were spent finishing up the CAD model of the podcar, which is roughly 98% complete. Input data from the controls team regarding compartments (if they are still desiring that) will be recorded. The next model to be printed will be the 98% model. The remaining 2% will be addressed in our final version of the model. That 2% will accommodate any last minute changes and goals we plan on accomplishing. Printing sources are being procured as of now.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week of 1/31

This week our team worked on brief lightning talks to update the rest of the group on our progress and our plans for this semester. Topics include design changes to the model to account for aesthetics and implementation of boundary surfaces. Biggest efforts as of now are to find a reliable printing source.

Our lightning talk can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TcPLNo8fo-z-cJM5OdKbu7zWqIOxC8mxsOZgQGmI_vg/edit#slide=id.p4

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Week of 1/24

This week, the meeting was short but the team gathered together to plan the lightning presentation for next week. The presentation plans to briefly discuss an overview of last semester's progress and discuss this semester's plans and goals for maker faire.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Week of 12/6

This meeting was the last of the semester before winter break starts. The last of the presentations of the groups were done today. The 12th scale cabin team's presentation can be found below. For a quick recap of the progress done so far:

  • The team accomplished fabricating two cabin designs
    • Prototype 1 satisfied the function of housing the controls without excess space
    • Prototype 2 touched on a more aerodynamic and futuristic aesthetic
  • Conducted an aerodynamic analysis of the cabin
  • Begun conceptual designs of Prototype 3

The printing of Prototype 3 will be done by the beginning of then next semester. In the meantime, Prototype aims to be a further refinement in aesthetics while the attempting to fulfill the following functional goals:

  • Sustain a fall from 3 ft fall with all the components contained in it
  • Proper air ventilation (heat from internal battery) 
  • Develop a compartment system for all the internal components
  • Find a proper door alternative that is safe and convenient



https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1DxFLBqn6WBXSMkBtnK-d7FzCTQxETrMD-ethVTbBUWg/edit#slide=id.p4

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Week of 11/29

This meeting was spent mostly by listening to final presentations of the Full Scale Team and one 1/12th Scale Team. After presentations, it was agreed to have a printing of Prototype 2 done by next meeting. The Cabin team is still waiting on a response to Professor Yousseffi of the Mechanical Engineering Department. Our Presentation 3 was completed this week but we will post it here the following week after our presentation.

Week of 2/28

The cabin team came together to discuss our new 3D printing source. over the last week We contacted Yousseffi again to see if he was willing...